- Insurance Information: We accept most major insurance plans obtained through your employer. At this time we do not participate with Medicare HMO plans, or insurance with federal or state exchange programs. If you wish to see Dr. Joyce and you have insurance with the exchange please contact the office if you are interested in pay for service information.
- Please check your insurance benefits prior to making an appointment so you can understand your insurance policy fully. As a courtesy, we verify your insurance benefits in regards to surgery. However, we strongly advise you to contact your insurance company directly to obtain this information as it is ultimately the patient's responsibility to know and understand their insurance benefits.
- We understand the insurance industry is complicated and it is often difficult to find the answers you are looking for. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office with any questions as they pertain to your care at Orthopaedic Sports Specialists.
- Appointments: We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and therefore cannot accept walk in appointments. We appreciate your patience if we are running late.
- Cancellation Policy: Our goal is to provide quality medical care in a timely manner. If it is necessary to cancel your scheduled appointment we require that you call by 10 a.m. one (1) working day in advance (for office visits). In order to cancel your surgery for a non-medical issue one (1) week notice is required. . Effective 01 January 2016: a fee of $50.00 will be billed for an office visit and $500 for a surgery that is cancelled without proper notice. Appointments are in high demand, and your early cancellation will give another person the possibility to have access to prompt medical care.
- Second Opinion Policy: In order to provide the best care possible for second opinions (or if you have been treated by another physician for the same injury) all records must be mailed or hand delivered along with a copy of any imaging (MRI, CT scan, XRAY) in disk format prior to setting up an appointment. We do not accept medical records by fax. This allows our clinical staff to review your records. We will then contact you to set up an appointment. To give us a better understanding of your personal case, please provide a cover sheet with your clinical information stating your demographics (name, date of birth, address, phone number), and a brief history of your specific injury. This will allow prompt feedback regarding your medical care.
- Prescriptions & Renewals: Please request all prescriptions and authorizations for renewals between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Renewals requested at other times will be filled only for extreme or emergent circumstances. For routine renewals, please dial our main number, and press option 3 for the prescription line. We require 48 hour notice for all routine prescription renewals. If your request is urgent, do not leave a message on the prescription line as it may not be monitored daily.
- Fees & Payments: We request payment arrangements for all office services at the time they are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards for your convenience. If we are a participating provider of your insurance company, we will bill them directly. However, payment is the patient's responsibility. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling claims. There is a $10.00 charge for each form that needs to be filled out. This must be paid in advance of completion. Please allow at least three business days for us to complete the form(s).
- Forms: Provided below are various forms that require completion prior to your visit and/or surgery. In order to expedite the registration process please bring the completed form/s with you to your scheduled visit. Thank you.